San Buena Ventura Mission

Father Serra established the San Buena Ventura mission in 1782. It was the last mission he founded before his death. The original church burned down in 1792 and was replaced by a stone church. This church was damaged in an 1812 earthquake and had to be rebuilt.

On this Page:

Other related pages:

Location

Top of Page

  Ventura, just east of Highway 101.

 

The Mission

Top of Page

   
 

Top of Page

 

 

Facebook and Twitter

Copyright 1998-2010 Kidport