Asistencia San Antonio de Pala Mission

The Asistencia San Antonio de Pala Mission was constructed in 1815 by Father Peyri as a branch of the San Luis Rey mission. It was built to serve the laborers who worked the grain fields 20 miles east of the San Luis Rey mission.

After secularization the mission was disbanded and taken over as private land. It was returned to the Catholic Church in 1903. Today the mission operates a church and school for the Indians on the Pala Reservation.

On this Page:

Other related pages:

Location

Top of Page

  Located off State Highway 8, east of San Luis Rey.

 

The Mission

Top of Page

   
 

Top of Page

 

 

Facebook and Twitter

Copyright 1998-2010 Kidport