Saliva Video

Custom Search

Digestive System Video:

Digestive System Video Index

Colon Video

Digestion and Enzymes Video

Digestive System Overview Video

Duodenum Video

Esophagus Video

Gallbladder Video

Glands Video

Hormones Video

Large Intestine Video

Liver and the Hepatic System Video

Mouth Video

Mucosa Video

Nerves and the Digestive System Video

Nutrients Video

Pancreas Video

Peristalsis Video

Rectum and Anus Video

Saliva Video

Small Intestine Video

Spleen Video

Stomach Video

Teeth Video

Throat Video

Tongue Video

Digestive System Index

Human Body Index

Human Body Video Index

Science Video


Science Main Index



 

Saliva, also known as spit, is a watery fluid produced by the salivary glands and secreted into the mouth. Saliva is 98% water, with the other 2% consisting of electrolytes, mucus, antibacterial compounds, and various enzymes. The enzymes in saliva start digestion of the food by breaking down starch and fat. Saliva also breaks down food caught in the teeth, protecting the teeth from bacteria that could cause decay. Interested in learning more about the saliva? Check out the following videos on saliva. For additional information, also see our saliva reference materials.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Copyright © 1998-2012 Kidport