<< Back to Lessons Index
Science_Lab_Yellow / Lesson 1: Day and Night
Lesson 1 Day and Night
What will we be learning today?
- In this lesson, we are going to learn all about why we have day and night.
- We will begin today's lesson, by what makes a day.
- Day is defined as one rotation of the Earth
- The sun is the reason for day and night
- The Earth spins or rotates, like a huge spinning top
- At any point in time, half of Earth is facing the sun - it is daylight on that half
- The other half is facing away from the sun - that half is in darkness, night
- As a planet rotates, places that are in darkness eventually turn to face the sun, and those in daylight eventually turn to darkness
- The Earth makes one complete spin in its day
Let's Review What We Learned Today!
- Day is the complete rotation of the Earth
- Sun is the reason for day and night
- When one side is in darkness then the other side is in daylight
- Earth has 24 hours in a day!
|Earth has 24 hours in a day! |